donderdag 19 juli 2012

11 Seconds

The 11 Second Club is a monthly character animation competition.(http://www.11secondclub.com/) Animators from all over the world participate, animating a character speaking a line of dialogue provided by the club.

I made an animation for the april-competition this year.

It starts of course with a character-design. I try to think which kind of character fits the voice of the soundtrack and also try to find ways to tell a nice story around it.

After that, the fun part starts: the animation itself. I always start with making small thumbnails of different poses, acting patterns and expressions.








Then I start drawing my main-poses and shoot a test. I adjust the timing the way I want.
The head in the centre is a tool for me to define the lip-sync:


Once I'm happy with everything I start with the inbetween drawings. The result you can see in the following video:

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten